School excursions at Belgenny
Curriculum-based farm excursions are delivered by the NSW Department of Primary Industries School programs team, and A Smart Farmer: mobile dairy classroom in the wide, open spaces of the 1600-hectare farm.
Excursion programs align to NSW syllabus for Kindergarten to Year 12 including outcomes for Agriculture, Food Technology, Geography, History, Science, Technology and Technology Mandatory.
Excursion programs and supporting classroom resources:
School programs generally run from 10:00AM - 2:00PM on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Maximum: 100 students. Larger groups can be arranged or booked over multiple days.
- Preferred number of students: 70 - 100
- Small schools and home school groups are welcome and can either choose to visit with another small school or book a day of their own.
Amenities: Bus access, toilets, signposted, wheelchair access, meets safety requirements.
- All staff at Belgenny Farm have current Working with Children Checks
- Excursion pack with Risk assessment and COVID safety plan can be accessed here.
- Belgenny Farm has public liability insurance.
- $18.00 per student (minimum 70 students)
- FREE for supervising teachers and teacher aides